Friday, 25 March 2011

Peggy, Private Eye

private investigator section
Peggy the Private Eye,
from google images. 


Hello all my Holmes cousins, descendants in common of Daniel and Charlotte Hoyt Holmes and your families. I am Peggy, the one who sends you those quarterly newsletters and pesters you for information. I see myself as the Private Eye, because I am looking for YOU! I want you to be an active, participating part of this family you already belong to, and join us in the fun.

This blog should be a melange of past, present and future. Its great to study the past, but we live in the present and look forward to what's ahead. Its the solving of mysteries of our past, making skeletons dance I like to say. Filling in the gaps in the puzzle. Also, what are all of us doing here and now? Where do we live? Where are we going?

I began my quest, unbeknownst to myself even, back in 2003, after the memorial service of my Uncle Jim. We started looking at the old photos in the desk in the parlor of the farmhouse, and Karl asked me to identify them and scan them. Thus began that hobby. I also love needlearts (knitting, crocheting, quilting and the like), photography, reading, writing, and research. Those of you who know me know how I sort of tie all of those hobbies together.

I am the daughter of  Donald Moore and Margaret Holmes. My Dad died in 2005. Margaret is the daughter of Floyd Holmes and Minnie Colpitts. Floyd is the son of Charles Holmes and Phoebe McMonagle, and Charles is the son of Daniel Holmes and Charlotte Hoyt. I have a brother Paul, a sister Pat, a husband Bill, and two daughters, Erin and Julie. They are my island girls - Erin in New Zealand and Julie on Prince Edward Island. For now. Subject to change very soon.

I hope to meet many of you in July 2014! You might want to join Ami's caravan.


That's me in the green, taken in Alma last summer. Behind me are Conrad Digennaro and Brett Nolte, and way in the back right, my daughter Julie. Janet Nolte is beside me and in front is the back of Angela Ramirez.

No comments:

Post a Comment