1. All 3 kids were sick with colds - Jillian, the 6 month old, having it worse than the other 2.
2. Once the 3 kids were on the mend, I caught the cold. Isn't that how it always goes? 3 kids sneezing and coughing all over me for a few days plus little sleep because of the poor little one's discomfort and my body couldn't fight it off.
3. Dr. "Bones" has been Q2 the entire week. Translation: He works his normal 12-14 hour day and then he is on call from home every other night. If there is an emergency at the trauma hospital he is currently working at, he is the one they call to come in and operate that night.
So, we are home this Easter Sunday (Dr. "Bones" is working) but still celebrating the Resurrection of our loving Savior, Jesus Christ! And as I look back over the week, I am thankful:
1. My kids are normally very healthy and happy!
2. I love that I have the opportunity to stay at home with my kids, especially when they are sick.
3. We are so thankful for a job during these difficult times where many are without work.
And, finally, this weekend we had some spring weather here in New York. After a week of cold, wind, rain and snow we finally got to play outside!
Ben and his dad built this Easter Planter at Home Depot and they also sent home a strawberry plant. In this picture we had just planted it. I hope it survives my not-so-green thumb!
And I hope Ben gets to eat some of his very own home grown strawberries this summer!
ReplyDelete