
A quick perusal of this booklet, and I find our ancestor, Francis Holmes, on page 29. Unfortunately, most of what we know about Francis, our first ancestor to come to the new world, is his court case in which he pleaded guilty to drunkenness, and his fine of 2 shillings to the court. We also know he was assaulted by a drunken Robert Penoyer several years prior to this incident. I plan to read this address on Stamford's history, given at the First Congregational Church of Stamford in 1841, when I have a little more time. For those of you seriously interested in our family history, this looks like a must read. It is only 40 pages.
http://www.archive.org/stream/historicaladdres00alvo#page/28/mode/2up
I mentioned Francis Holmes. We descend from a number of the early Stamford settlers. If you don't know about them but are interested, let me know.
No comments:
Post a Comment