Wednesday, 14 December 2011

Ghosts of Christmas Past #3


Christmas is getting closer. I found this photo in the basket of photos at the farm. Donald Holmes and his granddaughter, Linda, are doing what I will be doing shortly, decorating the tree. You can't see the tree, but look at the eyes of Don's granddaughter, Linda. I think she is pondering where to put the ornament in her hand, or perhaps looking at the angel or the star on the top of the tree.

On the back, someone has written, "Don and grandaughter Linda decorating the tree.  1965."

Donald is the son of George Holmes and Julia MacNaughton. He was born in Maine in 1905, and the family moved by 1916 to Winnipeg, Manitoba. George is the son of Charles Holmes and Phoebe McMonagle, and the grandson of Daniel Holmes and Charlotte Hoyt. He married Iris Patterson and they had a daughter, Della, named, I believe, for her maternal grandmother. According to this photo, he had a granddaughter, Linda. The photo is labeled 1965. That's all I know about this family. According to someone on ancestry, Iris died in Somerset, Manitoba.

No comments:

Post a Comment