Friday, 20 January 2012

Holmes in Uniform

2014 is the 100th anniversary year of the start of the Great War. We are going to feature our Holmes ancestors and present day family members or retirees in the military, no matter whether they served in a war or in peace keeping roles or whether they were ally or foe. Please feel free to send along your photo or your ancestors pictures in uniform. For those of you presently in the military of your country, I will add you too, if you don't mind; we will update your photo and information early in 2014 so it is as up to date as possible. At the reunion we will have these photos and brief stories in some sort of book form. Preferably we will have one studio portrait and one or two snapshots.

You can send my your photos and information in several ways.

1) Scan your photo and email it to me.
2) Take your photo to Walmart or any retailer who has the equipment to scan photos. They will help you if you do not know how to use the scanner. Then mail me the photo. You can email me to get my address.
3) Send me your photos in the mail. You can email me to get my address. Please include a return envelope but do not put a stamp on it; I will take care of that. I will return your photos promptly.

Perhaps you do not have a photo of your ancestor. At least let me know his/her name and when they served. I will contact other cousins in your family and perhaps collectively we can find photos. For the time being, I will simply include ~ Holmes in Uniform ~ in our blog. As I receive more photos, I will organize it better. As they add up, I will probably start an organized blog by family or something.

Who qualifies to be in Holmes in Uniform? I think it should be all descendants of Daniel and Charlotte Holmes, whether by birth or adoption or step-children. Also the spouse/partner of a Holmes descendant.

If the only photo you have is torn, wrinkled or marked up, send it along anyway. I can fix them up to look pretty good.

Every Holmes in Uniform will be labeled as such so they are easy to find. Just check the sidebar.


No comments:

Post a Comment