Sometime in the vicinity of 1912 to 1914, William and Anna Heath Holmes moved to Venice, California. At the time, their son Fenwick was a minister in the Congregational Church there. I found this website about Venice history. Going on maps, you can click on red dots and an airplane and see photos and post cards about the town. What a difference it must have been to William and Anna, who lived in small towns and woods in Maine previously.
If you are interested in William and Anna, have a look-see.
http://www.westland.net/venicehistory/
Venice, CA is also home to some famous singers from days gone by: the Lennon Sisters. Their cousins currently have a band called "Venice" which has published a song called "The Family Tree." The song, the band, and the extended family were featured on a genealogy podcast I subscribe to, and I think the song is lovely. We used it at Andy's father's memorial service.
ReplyDeleteYou can hear a sample of the song by searching for it on i-tunes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzgLzbtjXec
ReplyDelete