The story of the descendants of Daniel and Charlotte Hoyt Holmes, which begins on the Old Post Road
Saturday, 9 April 2011
Greetings from Karl Holmes
First of all thanks to my cousin Peg Vasseur for setting up this blog and her patience in getting me 'blog - ready '. It looks like a great forum for the exchange of information on matters genealogical. My name is Karl Holmes and I live in Hawkesbury, Ontario with my spouse Pauline about halfway between Ottawa and Montreal. I finished a 30 odd year career in teaching about 4 years ago and have been busily retired ever since. My interest in family history goes back to the early 80's which tied into my training as an historian. My lineage: My father, James Holmes, was the son of Floyd Holmes, the son of Charles Holmes, the son of Daniel Holmes. My contributions will be mainly putting our family history within some historical context. I notice that there is some interest in the Holmes experience during the American revolution - so I'll try to make that the subject of my next blog.
Labels:
Charles,
Introductions
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Big pat on the back, you're in!
ReplyDelete